Friday, September 15, 2006

The Electric Slide

When I lived in apartments I never cared about leaving lights on. Even though I was responsible for the electric bill, If I left a light on all day, it didn't faze me. It never bothered me.

Since moving into my house, this has changed. I have now become really aware of lights being left on in my house. I don't know why. It's technically no different than if i left a light on in my old apartment.. I was responsible for the electric bill there, and I'm responsible for the electric bill now. But, for some reason I have this notion that it costs so much more to power a lightbulb in a house than in an apartment. Crazy. It's not even logical. Gah.

I'm turning into my mother. If I start physically unplugging the toaster oven and microwave when they aren't in use... I'm really in trouble.

No comments: