Monday, October 09, 2006

Everybody eats when they come to my house...

My friends and I started a Supper Club, where once a month one of us will cook a big meal and everyone shows up to eat. There are 10 of us in the Supper Club, so even though it's quite a large group to cook for, you only end up having to cook once every ten months or so. This month was my turn....

The main dish was a meatloaf cake frosted with mashed potatoes. I got the idea from someone on this here internet..I wrote about it a month or two ago and that post is somewhere in the Suburban Wonderland archive, if you're so inclined to see the original. I wasn't sure if I would be able to actually succeed with this, and admittedly, it's not as good-looking as the original meatloaf cake, but it tasted quite good...



Teeny Jello® molds...


Cherry and Orange Whip...


All in all, things went well. I had the phone number of the local pizza shop handy in case the meatloaf cake was a failure, but it wasn't needed. No one got food poisoning and everyone seemed to have a good time.

Hot damn, I'm glad I don't have to do this again for quite a while.. I just have to show up somewhere next month and eat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the polka -dot glass in the cherry whip pic! Very festive setting. Made the meatloaf look special!