Friday, January 12, 2007

Well, that just flew out the window....

I've got a cell phone, which I rarely use. I've never recieved a call on the thing, nor do I want to. I only use my cell phone for emergencies...like car accidents and me stupidly ending up in Maine, when I was only trying to find some diner in Northern Massachusetts. I think my monthly minutes roll over, which means I probably have something like 79 hours of free minutes. eh.

I don't give my cell phone number out for several reasons...
I don't have the thing on, ever. So calling my cell phone will never result in someone actually reaching me.
I don't know my cell phone number, because I don't ever give it out.

If I'm out and about, that's what I'm doing. I don't want to be interrupting my experiences out in the world by a cell phone call that probably isn't important to begin with. It's like an electronic leash. I don't need to be tethered to everyone i know, everywhere I go.

The most annoying thing is, people act as if cell phones are necessary for survival. They aren't.

All that being said.....
I want an iPhone.
And really, who doesn't?

No comments: