Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jackpot!

Occasionally, I check the "for sale" section of craigslist.org for retro/mid-century style furniture. On friday I found gold in the form of diner chairs....


THREE CHAIRS AND TWO STOOLS FOR ONE HUNDRED BUCKS! AAAAANNNNNND.... they match my kitchen.
I called the number provided and left a message, squealing that if they were still available, I want 'em.

I didn't hear anything back so I assumed they had been scooped up by some other over-zealous hunter. Eh.
On monday I spent a few minutes cruising around craigslist on the one percent hope that they weren't actually sold.

AND THEY WERE LISTED AGAIN!

The phone number listed was one number off, so I called and ended up getting them! The woman selling them had mis-typed her number, so the message I left about the chairs on friday never made it to her. I had left an over-excited message about diner chairs on some random stranger's cell phone. oops!

The other amazing thing about this whole thing is that I was able to cram the 3 chairs and 2 stools into my crappy Chrysler Seabring.

All I need is some chrome polish and these beauties will be good as new.

No comments: