Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Backdoor Dan

Last night at three in the morning I was woken up by the sound of rustling and clanking and other noises that, in my semi-awake, groggy state, sounded like my home was being broken into.

I did what any paranoid person would do... I grabbed the phone off my night stand, hid under my bedcovers and listened very purposely in order to try and determine what was happening. I came to the conclusion that I wasn't being burgled and that the noise was happening somewhere outside.

I should add that I fully blame my burglar paranoia on McGruff the Crime Dog. His "Take a Bite Outta Crime" campaign that saturated my brain when I was a kiddo has traumatized me. I'm constantly checking to make sure doors are locked and that windows are secure. It's awful.

Anyway....

I crawled out from my blankety hideout, ambled into my kitchen and looked out the window. What I saw was probably the dumbest thing my jerk neighbors have done, thus far...

My jerk neighbor was installing a new exterior door to his house, at THREE IN THE MORNING.

THREE. IN. THE. MORNING.

I'm not generally bothered my noise all that much, having previously lived in Allston where ruckus thrives like rats, but cutting through the WALL OF A BUILDING at that hour is inconsiderate. And dumb.

But mostly inconsiderate.

No comments: