Monday, February 25, 2008

Simply Smashing!

On Friday, snow fell from the sky.

As I was pulling into my driveway after driving home from work, I hit a patch of ice and skidded into my garden retaining wall. The wall shattered and stones flew into the air cartoon style, then scattered all over the sidewalk. (If you look at the cartoony drawing of my house at the top of this page, you can see the wall I'm talking about.)

I'm not sure if there is any damage to my car, because I drive a crappy Seabring and I don't care. It still runs, and I'm not all that concerned with it's cosmetics. It's a Seabring. It was ugly when it was new. Dents could only IMPROVE the car...maybe give it some character.

Anyway, I attempted to rebuild the broken stone wall on Saturday, but there was too much snow around to really see what I was doing. Plus, the stones are very heavy, and have you seen my arms? Wimpy!

No comments: