Friday, May 11, 2007

Mini Burgers and Motorcycles

I have an insane amount of things to do between now and the 19th, which is Opening Weekend of the Market where I'll be peddling lip balm. Everynight for the past 3 weeks, I've had the same routine.... home from day job, shower... then get to work.

Soooo......Last night when I got home from work, I hopped right in the shower and as soon as I got out, I was going to start my evening of labeling lip balm tubes. I'm in the shower and I hear the doorbell ring. I figure it's just another window salesman and ignore it. Thirty seconds later the doorbell rings again, this time its with the measured pauses and repetition of someone trying to "doorbell" a song. I hop out, hastily toss a towel on and see who it could possibly be... I'm in the suburbs now, so people rarely just drop by without calling first.

I open the door to my porch and see my mother peeking through the mail slot. She came by to take my out for my birthday.*
How nice! We went to Lucky's, which is my favorite bar in the city. Mini Burgers!

As we were leaving, a riding club showed up and lined the street with their bikes (a proper tattooed, leathery, hell-raising motorcycle club, not one of those sissy bicycle clubs)... Hot damn! What a nice birthday!

* This is especially nice, as my mother lives an hour and a half away, and she's a teacher, so it was a "school night" for her.

No comments: