Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pool by pool, they form a river to his house


This is one of my favorite movies. It's based on a John Cheever story and it's pretty true to the original. I saw the movie for the first time several years ago on a crappy VHS copy and have been looking for it on DVD off and on ever since. It was released on DVD in 2003, and it seems they made about 20 copies before going back out of print.

It's really difficult to find and the copies I do find for sale have always been really expensive. Last week I found a copy that I could actually afford. Very exciting. I watched it this afternoon with some friends and really, it's as good as I remember.

Also, "The Swimmer" contains what I consider to be the best toast ever... "Here's to sugar on the strawberries."

clink clink.

No comments: