Thursday, August 16, 2007

Heartbreak Hotel of Horrors...

I'm subscribed to an Elvis news mailing list because I'm a dork, and today I got a message about this Elvis robot thingy...


Creepy, eh?

It sort of reminds me of this monkey head robot that I saw at a Sharper Image last year. Here's a video I found of some guy talking about the monkey head....


The cheese-ball part of me wants to like the Elvis-bot. The sane part of me thinks that if I saw that thing in person, I'd recoil in horror. I don't know. It seems like something some idiot would buy and then have out at parties.

Uh, that being said... I have a tiny Dean Martin robot that makes appearances at shin-digs around here. In my defense though... the Dean-bot is a very cartoony version of Mr. Martin and therefore not nearly as creepy as the Elvis thing. Also, the Dean-bot is an entire robot, not a bust sort of thing like the Elvis.

No comments: