Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The moths in my wallet are all you will get.

Today, some guy called me and claimed to be from the bank that I took my mortgage out with. He asked me for some information that if he WAS from my mortgage company, he would already know. I didn't answer anything specifically. He did, however, know some things about accounts I hold. He said he was an assistant and that someone would call me back tomorrow with a possible lower rate or something. I hung up and then I called back and the number he called from had been disconnected.

How odd.

I called my mortgage company to see if any calls to my number were logged. None were.

Sooooooooooo, I freaked out and just spent the last 3 hours changing every online password I carry and froze every single ATM and credit card for both me personally and Bag Lunch, and am setting up new accounts. Now I have no access to any of my money, but no one else does either.

This whole thing is probably nothing, but I'm stressed out none the less.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Very smart. Now no wise guy can get his hands on your money ^_-