Sunday, April 01, 2007

And on the sixth day, there was light...

Up until last Saturday, the ugliest ceiling light fixture in the entire world resided in my hallway. It wasn't even ugly in the way that makes it sort of neat, like those big-eyed paintings you can occasionally find at yard sales. It was ugly in the way that old dish sponges are ugly: gross and old, but useful so it gets to hang around. The lighting disaster was wrought iron with triangular crystals dripping off its cold, curly arms. *shiver*

The horrific thing was left by the previous house-owners and I had so much other stuff on my "house to-do list" that I never got around to replacing it until this week.

I ended up buying a cheap reverse lampshade and covering it in cocktail umbrellas. I got the idea from an online crafty tutorial. The shade casts a rather nice rosy glow in my hallway when the light is on...

No comments: