Thursday, April 05, 2007

False advertising...

So I found this...

...at the supermarket today and had to buy it. It's a shrinkwrapped deli-tray of fortune cookies. A stack of these trays were sitting the produce section next to some organic noodles. How weird.


The thing that bothers me about fortune cookies is that a lot of the time the "fortune" isn't a fortune at all.
For example; "You love Chinese food." That isn't a fortune! It's a fact. Not a fortune.
Also: "You have tasted the bitterness as well as the sweetness of coffee." Again, not a fortune... just some words of wisdom.

This is a fortune; "You will make some changes before winning." See, a fortune.. it's telling me something that may (or probably not, I'm not a winner) happen to me IN THE FUTURE.

One of two things needs to happen so I can sleep better at night...

1. Recall all these non-fortune containing fortune cookies, and replace them with real fortune-containing cookies.
or
2. Rename "fortune cookies' with a more accurate name. Like "mildly helpful wisdom cookies" or something.

These things keep me up at night.

2 comments:

-chet- said...

the is no one quite like you beck.. you keep me coming back for more.

Good Lookin' Design Co. said...

That's the plan, Stan.