Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A conversation with a door to door salesman.

Them: Hi, we're from xxx Doors and Window and what we're doing is going door to door offering a free window evaluation with a 16 point laser *something* that will tell you where you're losing heat and also detect mold. Are you the homeowner?

Me: Yep.

Them: I love the color. Very different.

Me: Thank-you.

Them: Are you the sole-homeowner?

Me: Yes.

Them: No one else owns this? Just you?

Me: YES.

Them: ok. We'd like to sign you up for an evaluation tomorrow...

Me: No thanks.

Them: It's really a very informative appointment.

Me: As you can see, I have windows.. and I'm happy with them.

Them: You don't have to buy anything, and we give you a $25.00 dollor shell card, just for letting us evaluate your windows.

Me: I'm telling you right now that I won't buy your windows. I don't want to waste some window evaluator's time.

Them: ok. ok. again, nice color.

The salesmen both shuffle down my front steps in their little matching polo shirts.

No comments: